Monday 28 January 2013

Good korean dramas I've watched 2012

Ok- so it's been a while since I updated like a recommendations. The last one I did was way back in July 2012- and since we've just gotten to the first month of 2013- I think that there's been enough dramas that have been released in order for me to watch and comment on them.



Horse doctor
Rating: 9/10
Reasons to watch: This dramas has took me by surprise. I did not expect this at all to keep me hanging on every episode- but it did. I have not actually finished it yet- I've gotten up to episode 10, and this drama has 50 episodes (quite a lot for a typical korean drama)- but every episode has been very fulfilling and clever (and when I say every, I literally mean 'every') so I am certain that this drama will  continue to do so.
Reasons to not watch: It's a bit squeamish- so people who don't really want to see animals being cut up...I suggest you not to watch it. But come on- it is called ''horse doctor''.



Reply 1997
Rating: 10/10
Reasons to watch: Right. So basically- there is every single care in the world for someone to watch this drama. It is absolutely brilliant!! I can't even explain it in words of how beautiful this storyline has been written out and acted. I think the use of ''back story''-ing as well as ''info-dumping'' is very different and unique and gives a level of freshness to the drama which the dramaland lack.
Reasons not to watch: Bit of crazy fangirling from eunji here. Be warned. Not a reason not to watch it though cause it's super cute.




A gentleman's dignity

Rating: 10/10
Reasons to watch: If you liked secret garden- then you will definitely like this. Found it pretty similar between the two- not in storyline- but it had a similar atmosphere (think it is mainly because they were written by the same people). Another level of freshness to the story- 4 grown up men who have their own problems to deal with but always remain the best of friends. It's funny, witty, charming and clever. Deffo a must watch.
Reasons not to watch: Drama gets kind of draggy around episode 15ish- but you'll have to bear with it because the ending is worth everything :)



Bridal mask

Rating: 7/10
Reasons to watch: Entertaining, super cute, for action lovers. Very clever story plotting. Loved the chemistry between kangto and mokdan.
Reasons not to watch: Started getting draggy towards the end 8 episodes. The ending ruined the drama for me I've got to say. Did not see that plot twist coming at all. However- still worth a watch.




I miss you


Ratings: 7/10
Reasons to watch: Super cute chemistry between sooyeon and Jung woo. Cute story about first love and how everything seems to happen at the wrong timing. Mystery drama.
Reasons not to watch: Gets draggy around episode 10. Think the screenwriter failed to find a method to get characters to adapt to the time transition and their relationships all feel a bit lost to me.




Shut up flower boy band
Ratings: 8/10
Reasons to watch: Byunhee is super cute. Su ah and jihyuk have a really sweet relationship. If you liked dream high- then you'll like this.
Reasons not to watch: Plot twist at episode 3. Started getting draggy around episode 8- the music competition got a little too much for me. Wantedthe screenwriter to focus a little more on the relationship between su ah and jihyuk. Wanted to learn a little more about the other few friends of the group.



Currently watching:
Flower boy next door:
So far so good. Bit odd- but I like it. Very hilarious. Going to carry on watching it. Hope it doesn't start getting draggy D:









Horse doctor
As I've mentionned above. Wanted to include it in the ''recommendations'' list despite not having finished the drama because I know that it will carry on being amazing :D



Please recommend me some dramas to watch because I feel that I need to watch more since I've been quite behind with dramas recently. I HATE draggy dramas- or dramas that become draggy (which are even worse).
Thanks for reading guys! :D

1 comment:

  1. Great list. I haven't watch the horse dotor yet, but i think its worth watching. I will try it.

    ReplyDelete