Sunday 11 November 2012

Update on korean dramas: (I miss you, nice guy...)

Hi everyone :)

So I know I haven't been posting in such a long time so I'm going to use this post to update you guys on which dramas I'm watching currently so you might have an idea of what I might review/recap/insight etc
                 Ok- so one of the dramas I am absolutely loving at the moment is 'I miss you' which came out a few days ago. I've got to admit- episode one didn't have the best starts- the whole theme of the first episode was your typical ''running away from loan sharks'' and ''abusive father who's also a drunkard'' and ''money hungry evil father who has a good hearted son''...yeah you get the idea. But if you put that all to one side- the chemistry between soo yeon and jung woo (the lead roles) is too adorable to even bear with. I've fallen in love with the younger lead roles- and I've got a lot of expectation for yoochun and yoon eun hye to be just as good (even though I doubt I'm going to feel as attached to their chemistry as I did for the younger lead roles). Everything is just too perfect in the second episode- the friendship bond further develops into a romantic relationship and you fall deeper in love with their relationship. It's all too perfect. They both receive the love that they've needed and you see the complete opposite sides of their character which adds to the character development. We see soo yeon go from her broken self to her adorable and respectful self, and we see jung woo go from mature to childish and dorky. Its the bond that adds to the lightheartedness of this drama and takes away all the tension of the storyline and plot that I thought the producer needed to lighten up a little with. I might do a review of the next few episodes if I have a lot to say about them :)


               
Very recently, I struggled to keep up with 'Nice guy'. Ever since the whole plot twist in the storyline- it failed to keep me entertained. There was little plot movement and everything seemed to go around in circles. The character of seo eun gi started off as sad and ended up as sad. Same with kang ma ru. Nothing even progressed with kang ma ru and han jae hee's relationship either. Don't let my opinion on the drama put you off watching it because I guess it's just my impatience with character relationship development and storyline movement- which is had much of before the plot twist but yeah- I don't think I'm going to carry on with this drama anymore.

I can't wait for next week's episode of 'I miss you'!
Until next time,
happy drama watching!

2 comments:

  1. Nice guy is a good series. I haven't watch I miss you yet, but i will definitely do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so sad!!! omg i feel so bad.... i need to cry :'(

    ReplyDelete